Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It is already July huh

Tomorrow 7th Day of the 7th Month in the Year 2007 will be my 55th birthday. I am maturing to this age very gracefully. I may not be the spring chicken, but I am not much older than the woman I was a decade ago. However, I have changed a lot. I have made a 180 degrees turn in my mid forty. I have chosen to live nearer to nature and be happy with what I have. I keep to my believe that happiness is a matter of choice not a chance.

I see people whom the terms "tension and stressful" are their daily vocabulary. I can only say that I feel sorry for them. I feel life needs to be organized and have priority in the correct places. Some people can't handle even a little bit of pressure. Some people can't even make a little change. This reminded me of the time I was on duty at the punch card. I observed the same people would be late every day, not overly late but a couple of minutes or five minutes. I asked why, it was always the same, traffic jam. I just wonder, if you know that at the same time everyday, the traffic would be bad, why not leave the house 5 minutes earlier.

oh well, Now I am retired, I have no worries about getting caught in the traffic jam. I also do not need to rush anywhere. My time is mine. I drive to town when there is minimum traffic on the road. I stay home when the weather is bad. And I talked to my dogs and my plants. I race my dogs in the woods.

Oh Yes, there is plenty of peace and tranquility where I live and I thank God for this life of mine.

6 comments:

wahi said...

salamm kak sal..

Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday to you!!
Happy Birthday to Kal Salllllll..
Happy Birthday to you!!

:)

May your wishes come true this summer..

Elf said...

Happy Birthday AM!! Lots and lots of hugs n kisses from elf! Semoga panjang umur murah rezeki, dan diberikan kesihatan yang baik!

AuntieYan said...

Kak Sal, Happy belated b/day!! Semoga lanjut usia, murah rezeki dan sentiasa berbahgia!!!...:-)

tokasid said...

Salam to Hajah Salma:

Bukit Katil Melaka.
Practice: Durian Tunggal.

my e-mail: marea915@yahoo.co.uk

I need your e-mail to give my contact no.

My Mrs never fail to visit this blog of yours.

Unknown said...

This is almost a week late, but Wonderful Belated Birthday.

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Maaf, jarang datang ke sini (sebab puan pun jarang update, ha ha!), tapi happy belated birthday!

Yang penting hepi.

Pursuit of happiness.