Saturday, July 14, 2007

Visiting or going home?

It is kind of hard to admit that I have made this place my home. I have worked hard to make this niche in the woods in rural Oklahoma my own. I am already missing my husband and my home before I even make my journey back to Malaysia for a visit which was not so long ago my home too. There were strong ties and pull then when my parents were still alive to make that long journey. It was not so painful to sit for 30 odd hours on the plane and in transits. It was then worth it.

My last 2 visits were not as exciting as I anticipated. My siblings and their families were busy with their lives and hardly had time for us (my husband and me). The friends/colleagues who were "eager" to see me again after a long time did not even bother to drop by at the place I was staying (which was within their walking distance from their work place.) I was sad, but then I thought that I was not a friend enough for them to see me. I should have made plans and thought of me first rather than making meeting and be with them my priority. Lesson learned.

However there was an exception on my last trip though. My brother in law in Melaka took a few days leave just to be around and cooked me delicious meals. Those dishes we used to enjoy at my mother's. He was so thoughtful because during that time my sister as a teacher could not get away from her school activities even at weekends. (she is a primary school teacher) That thoughtful gesture is embedded in my heart forever.

This time around, I am visiting for me. To see the country i left and still very fond of. I want to enjoy the country and if anyone of those friends can fit in my schedule, i do them too. I will not be disappointed or sad if they can't come to see me.

I have very GOOD friends too who offer me a place to stay when I come and visit. I have a friend who offers a car from their showroom for me to use.
On top of it I have made many new friends on the internet whom I want to meet.

I am hoping this trip will be a memorable one, to last for a long time. I can't win all the time, but I am hoping this time around is a winner. I am not getting any younger and long distance haul does not sound attractive anymore.

11 comments:

meandbaby said...

Shall I say..Welcome back and have fun..If you happen to be in Shah alam..pls call me..I always free to have a cup of teh tarik with you...my email suriizuati@hotmail.com

mama irma said...

Kak Sal,
If you plan to meet up old friends, there's going to be a dinner organized by alumni of 3S (STAR, SDAR and STF)on 9Aug2007 at PICC. Check out STF website or you can call the Srikandi President, Mariamah (my batch).
Welcome home.

Kak Teh said...

i know sal - nak balik ke nak pergi?
anyway, kak nab kata ada some kind of gathering. nanti depa jemput u.

Alinlai said...

balik BM ka? Welcome welcome... jgn lupa pekena laksa dan cendol :)

Mutiara said...

Thank ya all. I feel most welcomed this time around.
Meandbaby: thanks for the teh tarik, teruja jugak.
Mama irma: ksal ada baca ttg gathering tu tapi masa tu k sal dah ada rancangan kat penang. kalau jumpa Mariamah mohamad tu kirim salam lah. kalau dia ingat kal saloma. Dia dulu the only remove class girl duduk in a Form5 dorm.
KakTeh: Tu la... Nak pi ka nak balik...susah jugak nu
alinlai: Mesti lah balik BM kan...Check tak balik BM ka cuti sekolah?

Belladonna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chibi Maruko said...

me belum pernah balik kampung lagi sejak ke sini, tak tau lagi camana perasaan nanti bila bila dah set di mind yang home ialah di quebec ni..di sini...
berapa lama balik sana, offer tu me baca sambil senyum sampai ke telinga tau, cuma tak tau nak pesan apa... tapi betul ke kak?

Mutiara said...

Bella..itu semua bisa diatur. I will call you.

Chibi: BETUL!! email kan list asap. I am leaving Sunday.

Chibi Maruko said...

kita tukar buat sistem barter tau..
nanti me kirim somethings dari quebec...
apa email akak...
seganlah nak tulis kat sini...
heheh
farhah@gmail.com

Alinlai said...

bulan 6 dah balik.... tunggu bulan 11 nanti :) balik kampung ooo balik kampung...

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

If you decide to cross over the south china sea do tell! Either Bintulu or Miri.

This is my primary number:

017-8555431

But I think dah terlepaih? Next time I guess.