Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thankful

This afternoon while enjoying the nice breeze of the late summer on the hammock under the old oak tree, it occured to me, that it is a beutiful day to be enjoyed and be thankful for. So here the poems that I remembered I read somewhere before, and some I reka-reka.


I am thankful
For colors that flung across the land
In foliage, birds and rainbow span,
In simple things I understand,
For these I am thankful

Another one

The sun was disappearing
When I saw with sheer delight,
A maple tree in all its glory
Caught in pool of lights.
Around the tree were shadows
Caught in twilight's hand
And then the evening settled
With darkness over the land

4 comments:

Kak Teh said...

mutiara, this is beautiful. How i envy you! hmmm one question...dok ataih hammock to kalau pakai kain jaga-jaga sikit!
beautful poem!

AuntyN said...

Betui kata kak teh, beautiful poem, tulis lah lagi. Naik lah selalu ataih hammock nampaknya boleh dapat ilham selalu.

Tak pa kalau pakai kain naik kammock pun, bukan sapa nak nampak except Mr M, betui dak hehehe

Mutiara said...

KT and AN
dulu masa tak dak orang south of us...selalu jugak berkemban, tapi la nih, sopan sikit

NANI SHAHABUDIN said...

hai! ingat i sorang jer lama tak update. ada orang lagi lama dari kita...hehe