Monday, July 25, 2005

A Bad Fishing day is better than a good day at work

There is this advertisement on the local radio saying that a good day at work is nothing compared to fishing. Of course, the advertiser was promoting his fishing gear store. However, indeed, fishing is a very good way to relax and catch on your dreams. I used to go fishing with my husband and my dogs during weekend not so long ago, when we still have the old motorhome. We used to load up the motorhome with all our needs for a few days away from home. Of course, when the dogs came along, their food too. The dogs enjoyed the swim in the lake and keep unwanted creatures away from our camp. Bubba used to ride beside the driver and no one could make him move from the spot. Mind you Bubba was not a small dog...a real big mastif Boxer, with an ugly face. He used to get a lot of attention on the road. Those were the days. Later we had 3 big dogs, getting them to agree to get on the motorhome was a chore. Since then the dogs did not go along anymore and we only limit our camping for overnight.
Let's get back to fishing. When my guest came, one of the agenda was to go moonlingt midnight fishing. I usually did not go with the 'crew', but since my guest was going, I too went and got a fishing licence for the weekend.
According to the 'crew' a diehard fishers, the night we went was the worst night they had, since there were so many boats anchored and fishing. Usually They would come home when their 3 or more ice chests (coolers) get full, but that night we had only one ice chest full. Anyways that was more than we can eat.
The ride on the boat was heavenly, the breeze kind of make you want to go to sleep. I was sleepy, since my guest and i did not nap in the afternoon. We spent yakking. We packed some food to take a long in case we get hungry. We also brought along an empty bucket, incase we need to ermmmm like my husband said 'to water the fish' We did not use the bucket though.
When we arrived, our seasoned fishers found that their favourite spot had been taken, but the sonar on the boat showed a lot of fish swimming around under us. We picked a spot and anchored. Then, my husband was fixing our fishing rods with fake worms and each fishing pole has 3 hooks. We began fishing and guess who caught the first fish, my guest!!
Most time according to our seasoned fishers, they caught 3 fish at one time, but that night only one time Lynn's grandson caught 2 at one time.
Well, we went on jigging our fishing lines, with my guest sitting on my left and my husband on my right. They kept bringing in fish after fish and none bit mine! however, when we were getting to leave I caught the last one...a big one too.

2 comments:

Nazrah Leopolis said...

double ek eleh. pi kat ayu di apun kata tunggu. kat sini pun gitu juga.

ish cepatlah. gengsi dong ah tunggu tunggu segala!

atenah said...

intan, so cam ni lah kita ye. jengok sana, jengok sini. jgn macam tunggu buah tak luruh dah....much anticipated ni the meeting of bloggers!