Wednesday, June 29, 2005

To know or not to know

I guess everyone of us are in the same dilema as me when it comes to see a doctor for an illment. The symptoms seem to be not too life threatening yet it worries and bother you. You try every kind of remedies that you think would solve the problems, but still the symptoms remain. Your other half persuaded, pushed and almost drag you to make that important appointment. However, you are still waiting for that home made remedy to work, or the over the counter medicine to hit the spot. For two months those trial by error medication did not work. That is my story. Unable to take the bothering symptoms anymore, I made that Phone call for an appointment.
I went to see the doctor or Primary Care Physician. So, I had to describe all the uncomfortable feelings that is messing inside me. It is easier to describe it in Malay which does not have equivalent in english, like you feel "macam ada seketul angin menumbuk naik" every time after I ate. That ball of air pushes up and it would make it hard for me to breathe. It will also trigger a cough that definitely make me breathless and pain in the chest. In "my medical self diagnosis", I associate it with food, with gastrities, heartburn etc. So all the home remedies, like eliminating greasy food and taking gallons of maalox and zantac were my presciption. Well, they did not work.
My doctor, then thought I might have problem with my useless spare part called the gall bladder. I was scheduled for the ultrasound and indeed it was discovered that, that small thing is acting up. It is collecting sand or batu to make a permata. Then I am scheduled for a surgery to remove it. It will not take place until after Mid July. Until then I still have to put up with the symptoms.
Do you still think ignorant is bliss or it is good to know what is wrong with you.

6 comments:

atenah said...

yes, sometimes you think not knowing might somehow make whatever it is go away. once you face it, InsyaAllah you will see that you can handle what comes. Praying for you, dearie.

Skater Girl said...

Wish you speedy recovery after the surgery.. Insha Allah.. and get well soon!!

Nazrah Leopolis said...

auntyN: if you got gall stones, u must remove it. my SIL had the same thing. post-surgery, keep of oily food still, avoid kekacang like dhaal. do take blackcurrants, it helps.get it fr your nearest organic store.

my prayers are with you.get well soon.

Leyla Shuri said...

dari jauh saya mendoakan ksal diberikanNya kesihatan yang berkekalan. Semoga segalanya dipermudahkan untuk ksal.

Mutiara said...

Dear all
Thanks for the prayers. I am sure I will ok.
Nazrah: Thanks for the diet suggestion. I know Bill will keep me on strict diet after surgery.

Kak Teh said...

sal, i wish u all the best,. I am in the same dilema - i really shd go for a check up- tapimasih dok menanti. will doa for you.