Saturday, June 11, 2005

Love of my life

It was worth the long wait for the love of my life. One morning while driving to work, I heard Radio 4 DJ said that there was a long distance request for a song by Jim Birkman (sic) entitled "Love of My Life" It was from Bill in Oklahoma to "Mutiara" in Penang. Then the news broke that I had an American boyfriend. Then I had many phone calls from friends who tuned to the radio while driving to work that morning. Tiada rahsia lagi. Then people pieced things together and they deduced that my several trips to the US was to meet up with my boyfriend. Which was not true at all. Bill was an old friend, and on one of my trips to the US, I called his old phone number. Surprise, surprise, he still kept the number and we are still using the same number now.
After that phone call, we kept in touch online, emailing and talking on icq. We did not meet until a year later. Then we met and end of the story.

9 comments:

Ely said...

thats really sweet and definitely romantic. kenang kembali masa lalu..doesnt it make u smile :)

JoeBangla said...

ish Aunty Mutiara, apasal pendek sangat cerita ni nih? :-)

AuntyN said...

Hari tu I said I want to do the dedication tak nak bagi, malu konon, ish, ish ni dok cite habih pulak ni. :-). Nak tulis tu takut kena marah jadi tak lah tulis, rugi betul, I should have followed my instinct!! Anyway,

Happy Annivessary To Kak Sal and Bill. Let's the happiness NOT stop at 6th OK. Happy Lovey Dovey to you both. Tulis lah panjang sikit, mesti juicy nya cite ni.

Kak Teh said...

ish ish ish, memang romantis skali dua orang ni!! hope and wish you more years in bliss.

AuntieYan said...

Lo..Kak Saloma...awat cerita tu habis gitu je...cepatnya sampai full stop. Don't be shy la!!!

atenah said...

we want the jucy parts he he he

MA said...

hmm..true love DO exist rupanya. Cepat lambat jer agaknya. Congrats on yr anniversary and thank you for this entry.

I Feel Good said...

Thank you for your well wishes. Alhamdulillah I just got back on Sat morning. Kak Teh just informed me of the post she put up regarding my departure. Thank you again and salam kenal,

nour

AuntyN said...

Lawanya banner tu, so bila nak sambung cerita tu hehehehe