Sunday, March 27, 2005

Cromwell, OK updates - Population 350

Population of Cromwell has been updated to 350. A month or so ago, the fact sheet said it was 265. Since the first tornado touch down last week, the TV qouted that the population is 350. An increase of 95 people. When I first moved here, our nearest neighbour was the Pierce, about 1/2 a mile south west of us. Now there are 5 more families have settled south and east of us. South and west of us used to be wide open space of hay and grazing fields. A few months back the property owner have put up 2 houses for his children just south of us (1/8 of a mile). Our property used to be the last one on top of the hill on a dead end road, south NS364 grid. The dirt road has now been extended to accomodate the 2 new households traffics. Powerlines poles are now transversing the road along our property. Ditches were dug along our fence line to connect telephone lines. Things were quiet before, but now it looks like our privacy have been encroached and invaded. There are quite a bit of traffic with loud blasting music from the cars that drive by the road now. Weekly loud parties with music so loud that the cayotes that used to roam the area have kept away. My dogs are still getting used to the 'heavy traffic' and the loud music. My guard dogs are confused now, as they are kept busy barking at all the movements in the neighbouring property.
We have even put up a light near the gate as to keep the neighbour's visitors from straying into our yard. And our gate has to be closed all the time. We removed our electronic remote sensor from our gate because it kept going off with the 'heavy traffic'.
I have not made up my mind yet whether it is good to have more neighbours or not. So far, they are more of a nuisance than of comfort.

3 comments:

Kak Teh said...

mutiara, lamanya nak tunggu post baru - lepaih tu ada tiga - i terlepaih semua sekali. I think the population of my town is bigger than yours..hehe and that includes all my cats!

Mutiara said...

kak Teh
I don't have the discipline to blog regularly. So, when the mood is in, I do it all at one time. No draft, just sit and type.
I accept: when we happen to be back in Malaysia at the same time, we go get the mee mamak! We have to rope in AuntyN or Atenah hehehe

atenah said...

ish ish ish, bila tu, ni nak habaq mai awai2, InsyaAllah by 2nd half of 2006 I'll be there. pray for me ok