Monday, May 16, 2011

Springtime again









My last entry was in mid winter and I have been lazy to update my blog. There isn't any interesting thing to write and blogging seems to take the back seat from Face book.

Since last year after thanksgiving, I have been keeping busy taking care of my weight. It came to a point that I was not happy to look in the mirror. I was depresssed that I let myself to be so fat and weighing at 155lbs, equivalent to 70kg. I have never been that fat in my life. That was upsetting me and it seemed that the more I became depressed, I ate more. My husband tried to cheer me up and buying me the wiifit etc. but it did not work.



When a friend told me that she needed to get a personal trainer to lose weight and pants sizes, I felt that it was like a challenge that I should not miss. Quietly I took a look of what reasonable thing to do so as to keep up with her regular trips to the gym. I started to walk up and down my driveway. It was hard to make a mile in the first few days. It was winter and it was easier minus the heat.



The walk became easier each day and I could walk for longer time and distance. My husband then made a track in our back woods and measure the distance correctly so that I know how far I walk each day. He bought a pedometer and health-o-meter as an encouragement. Eight weeks into this regime and good eating habit, i lost some lbs. I lost 8 lbs in the first week and gradually lose a couple of lbs each week subsequently. Now 5 months later I weigh 121lbs or 55 kg.




I love it now eventhough I have to get a new set of clothing. I have to pack up all my jeans sizes 6-12. gave away some of sizes 10 and 12. I am now wearing sizes 4 and 2 jeans.


I do not go on strict diet, but I learn how to eat smart. I do not eat at fast food and eat very little processed foods. I prefer bake than fry food. I love potatoes and instead of eating fries (which is fried and greasy) i eat baked potato or oven fried potatoes than deep fried. I eat whole grain or brown rice pasta instead of polished white rice. I eat chicken minus the skin and importantly I make carbs as side dish.


Now I am giving myself a pat on my back for keeping up with my routine. I now walk 5 miles or 8km a day.












8 comments:

MA said...

Jelessssssssss!!!

Gambar first tu macam anak dara! Seriously, you look good. i really, really have to start losing all the kilos.

sitiaishah said...

Congratulations Sal.
A lot of pounds that you lost.

Mutiara said...

Thank you ladies for the compliments.

Rashidah said...

Assalamualaikum wrbt.
Congratulations. You look great.
You need to make a trip to Malaysia to inspire us.

Mutiara said...

Alaikumussalam. Thanks Rashidah. When are you going to be passing this way again? Ha ha ha...I can tell you all that I have no secrets about getting healthy. I am not on a srict diet but I see what I eat NOT eat what I see.
The only exercise I do is walking in my woods, enjoying the crisp morning air, looking at wild flowers etc as well listening to birds and surprising a late owl or two or catch a glimpse of a small red fox running home frm the night hunting.
I do not have a short-cut to be what I am now. I lost 35lbs gradually within 16 weeks. I now weigh between 120-122 lbs.

JoeBangla said...

Salam Am, Ya Rabbi kurus nya dah AM (macam lah dulu AM "gemuk sangat"kan? ekekek)

Saya tak click gambar memula tuh sebab tak sangka itu gambar AM, tapi bila baca komen MA, baru click tuh.

Saya sekarang perut makin boroi sejak balik Msia nih.

Anonymous said...

Alaikum Salam Joe...lamanya tak sembang dgn Joe. Strangely Joe, you were one of my inspiration. Remember you were blogging about your walks when u were in Buffalo? I thought if you cold do it, why could't I. Then nekrock embarked on getting a personal trainer, so i have nothing to lose but the weight :).
This morning, I was looking at real estate in Niagara falls and the houses there are really affordable ada yg reduced sampai less than $10K. Houses around $50K are really good. Just coincidence I was looking at them :)

AM

Nek Rock said...

Hahahahaah Joe dah boroi lik Msia, yut dia nak kena lenyek stemroll huh. Ishh boroi mana ler aritu Nek jumpa ko, yut tu cuma tinggi skit jer dari kat Nuyok, ekkekeke