Monday, March 24, 2008

Shortcut cooking

I am creative when come to cooking my favorite food. I make nasik lemak from leftover rice by sprinkling salted coconut milk and adding slices of ginger and onion. Microwave it for 2 minutes and I have nasik lemak.

I make curry mee by adding coconut milk to maggi instant noodles (curry flavour). Of course I add dried tofu, shrimps and vegetables. If I don't have maggi mee with curry flavor, I just use any instant noodles minus the flavor. I just boil fish curry powder with coconut milk adding to it crushed ginger root and onions. Then i add the noodles plus all the the garnishing that I want.

I grill/bbq my food often. To make sure my chicken or meat does not burn on the grill, I usually cook the beef or chicken first in the bbq sauce. If I am realy really lazy I just microwave the meats in the sauce. Then only I put them on the grill just to get the meat get dried and get the mark on them.

To have nicely cooked baked potatoes on the table at the same time as your bbq meat/chicken. Clean and dry the baking potatoes, then microwave them for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Then take them out and wrap them in tin foil singly/separately. They are ready to eat.

To make your meal look classy, just boil/microwave asparagus and serve it with butter.

7 comments:

Mama Rock said...

wow! i love your shorthcut creative ways! can try some of it :)

Alinlai said...

AM, entry rombongan tu best la ke ke ke... tapi takkan la sampai terkedu kot bila org tanya rombongan pasai apa, jawab saja la kan?... ke ke ke...mujur AM tak tanya ni rombongan cik kiah ka?

Mutiara said...

MR; org malas kan mestilah pandai cari shortcut

alinlai; hahaha, saya yg termalu, org tak jawab.

Unknown said...

Sal,
You are very creative cook:)) Way to go to prepare food when you don't feel like spending too much time in the kithen, eh?

Unknown said...

typo, typo...kitchen

ety said...

AM...
mana gambaq?....please la...gambaq musim spring....

NASI LEMAK SPRING SATU!..
he...he.

Nor Razi said...

AM,

Luv your tips!!!!

arc