Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ouch!

This is that time of the season again. The puppies have to have their shots. The regular shots and of course the rabies shot. We always give them the shots because as they are yard dogs, they might get into contact with rabid skunks or other critters. As well as a prcaution the dogs bite anyone by chance. We do not want to take the risk of them getting sick as well being safe in case they playfully bite someone.
They three have their shots yesterday and Buddy only got his rabies shot this evening. He was not ready for the shot and was uncooperative. i guess he never had them before unlike my other three puppies who are very familiar with their shots.
Today, max was limping a little bit, probably because of the rabies shot on his hind leg. he looks so pitiful and wanted some tlc. I rub his leg and he purred like a kitten and slept. I hope by tomorrow he will be more energetic. Roo and Dumdum are as energetic as ever.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hi Mutiara, So you in the 'boonies', huh? Love the pics of your dogs. I love dogs, but as living in an apartment, ada lecheh sikit, so I only keep a couple of pics of dogs I love.
I used to have German Shepherds and Doberman's back in Malaysia, long time ago.
I remember my huge Doberman named 'Smoky Joe'.
He was highly trained and we could leave the front door opened, even gate and it was very safe. He was trained not to accept food from strangers and very docile, but not with strangers. His soft but menacing growl was enough to worry anyone. Ha ha.
So your dad was an estate manager? Did you experience staying in one? It was fun. Only my time we had frightening times too. Thank you for popping over, Mutiara.
Hmmm, in my previous story I sat in the Mutiara Hotel Penang coffeehouse to note down a very interesting story.
Love the name Mutiara. You have a nice day, Mutiara. UL.
ps, I love minature Schnauzers too.