Sunday, August 21, 2005

It's gone for good

I had my long awaited surgery last week Wednesday 17th of August. It is gone now, that little biddy thing called gall bladder. It took only a few minutes to get it out, (but of course I was not aware of it). The waiting was the painful one. Tests after tests were done, just to confirm that it is the culprit that was making me sick for a long while. Even after it was first confirmed, and a date was set up for the surgery, the surgeon wanted another nuclear medicine test to be done. After those were taken care of, I had to go and have the lab works done. I have my arms poked everywhere to get blood, x-rays, ekg, etc.
Waiting for the day of the surgery was not that bad because I had company from Nashville and that helped kept my mind off from the surgery. Then the day arrived. Packed my things in a small backpack and off we went to get the surgery done. We had to wait for quite a while, though my time was supposed to go under the knife was at 11:30 am, it was'nt until noon I went to sleep under those big lights.
An hour or so later i was in the recovery room with my husband was no where to be seen. I woke up with a little nausea, other wise i was ok. I had to stay in the day ward for another hour or so, before I was allowed to go home. My husband was there waiting. He was arranging to have drugs ordered and be picked up at the pharmacy on the way home.
I was put on the wheel chair and wheeled out to the car and off we went to pick the prescription and home. At home, I looked down on my tummy, and i saw 4 places covered with bandaid, so I guess those were the places that had been cut up.
I slept and woke up having nausea and threw up. I could not eat or drink anything because my throat was very sore. I went to sleep again.
The next day my friend from Nashville and his friend M came to visit me. M cooked me chicken soup and the aroma kept me awake in bed. However, i could not eat that lovely soup because I still could not swallow. I ony drank some of the soup. Thank you M and Mo for coming to see me and cooked me the lovely soup which I ate yesterday.
They stayed overnight and in the morning my husband made waffles (the easiest thing to make) for breakfast. I sat and joined them for breakfast, but i still could not swallow, I ended up eating most of the cantaloupe instead. I hope they did not serik coming to visit me. I am sorry i could not entertain them properly.
oh I forgot to mention, when i was recovering, my husband went and got me a present, a new toy for me, a SHOTGUN.
Alhamdulillah, I am doing fine now. My staples will out on the 24th August.

19 comments:

AuntyN said...

Alhamdulillah, you are OK. Baguih lah masa tu ada jugak orang mai visit no, siap bawak cook lagi tu, amboi, amboi hehehe. Anyway, take care OK. Insyaallah, speedy recovery.

Skater Girl said...

ALhamdulillah.. to hear you are doing well with the surgery.. Wish you a speedy recovery.. :)

Mutiara said...

auntyN and Suriyati: Thanks. I am sure I shall. I am already out and about, but have not lifted anything that weighs 5 lbs plus. Tapi nak manja sekejap ;)

Arena said...

Aunt Mutiara - alhamdulillah, semuanya selamat. Manja2 lah dulu. jangan buat kerja berat2

ety said...

Assalmu'alaikum,..Alhamdulillah,moga cepat sembuh...Puan, gall bladder stone ni commen happen kepada wanita yang bercirikan..4F,
female, fat, fair and forty...tapi baru-baru ni kawan saya pun buat op., tapi taklah fair...
makn bubur dan elakkan makanan berminyak serta buttery for the time being..

Mutiara said...

arena, ety, ailin: tahnks
ety: I tak ada the 4F tu. My gall bladder was only functioning less tha 15%. No stone!!

Traveler said...

The days spent in Cromwell really worth it Kak M.

The first day I arrived in Cromwell, I can tell all the people there were very friendly and helpful.As I couldn't find my way to your "little house on the plain" in Cromwell and couldn't call you on the phone due to your phone line failure after the thunderstorm, I came across 2-3 very helpful villagers, who tried to help me to find your farm.

I was fairly tired after 9 hrs of driving. Your husband for sure was familiar enough to identify me "a Malay man with his Silver Dodge Stratus" at the gas station after we finally able to get in touch over the phone.

To see your friendly smile waiting on the door as soon as I arrived was good enough to make me feel like at home.

I didn't know you were already waiting for me so we can eat together.The chicken rendang, Sambal Udang, and Nasi Lemak were already on the table as soon as I arrived and we ate together.I surely missed that Malaysian kind of hospitality (or if you wanna call it Southern hospitality).
How unforgettable!


To Bro Mutiara, Thanks for the 4 wheeler experience, and I'm sure M enjoyed having such an adventurous experience shooting all the different kind of shotguns, driving tractors and 4 wheelers across your 20 acres land. She probably wanna make it there again if I decide to go back to visit.

Having your Ikan Tasik (can't recall what fish that was) masak lemak cili padi and a very delicious one was just another wonderful experience. Such a delicious recipe you cooked for me because I can't tell that's really non-sea fish.

What can I say, I look forward to come back may be in the fall or winter where the scenery will be beautiful. I love adventures, I never been to such a place throughout my 12 years I've been here.

Thanks for the dozens of fresh Farm Eggs you supplied us from your chicken barn (it's like US5.00 for a dozen here in the organic food store), Peach Jelly, Blueberry Jams, Peach syrup and on the top of it all, your wonderful treatment and the wonderful experience that I had while in the boonies .

I hope you get well soon, and I'm glad you sound a lot better the last time I gave you a call a couple of days ago. Till the next time Kak M.

atenah said...

1stly glad that ur doing well, Alhamdulillah.

2ndly, sedih duit tabung tak cukup nak ke sana

AuntieYan said...

Alhamdulillah...harap-harap bertambah baik hendaknya...jangan dok buat kerja berat sangat tu...kot bentan orang tua kata...he...he...dah baik betui nanti, pi le nak menembak ke, nak
memancing ke semua boleh...

Leyla Shuri said...

kak sal, tu kat atas spam dah masuk buat lubang kat pc akak.
Jeles betullah kak sal dpt mesra2 dgn orang nashville tu.
Kalau kak sal ada nangka, lain masa dia datang buatkan cendul nangka!
Good that you feel good again.

AuntyN said...

Kak Sal : tumpang lalu.

Anak Dagang,
1. kalau nak buat cerita tulis kat blog lah bolehlah lebih panjang, :-)

2) Tak terimakasih kat orang yg introduce you to Kak M ke? Adoi, ni lah Melayu mudah lupa. :-(

p/s Kak Sal,jeles je tu bukan apa pun hehehe

Traveler said...

Kak Mutiara,

Nak tumpang reply 2 ulasan di atas ya.
Kak Lela - Janganlah jeles, Kak Sal tu pun nak bermesra sebab dia dah lama sgt. tak jumpa orang melayu kulit coklat macam kita ni dan diapun tak berapa sihat hari tu. Sayapun teringin sangat nak jumpa orang sesama melayu sebab kat sini dah tak kenal sesiapa Melayu lagi dah.
Nanti manolah tahu kok sampai lak kek Jopun, kito hontam bobughak sakan lak yo ? Macam mano nak buek bubo nangko! Tak ghoti
:-).


AuntyN,
1. Amboi,amboi, amboi AuntyN (dah lama tak dengar perkataan 'ámboi' ni)- mempromote suruh buat blog balik nampak. Tak taulah bila ada masa AuntyN, sebab sekarang ni dah ada 2nd project, tu sesibuk sgt tu. Tak duduk depan komputer selalu.

2. Waduh, waduh, waduh AuntyN.Jangan jeles no AuntyN. Kalo sampai ke Penang nanti cam tu jugaklah kan:

Tetiba terkenang AuntyN di Penang,
Perbualan mesra masih tersemat dihati,
Janganlah AuntyN berhati walang,
Jasa AuntyN kan tetap diingati.

Terima kasih daun keladi, memperkenalkan Kak sal yang baik budi,
senyum dan ramahnya mencairkan hati,
Dipanjangkan umur nak ke boonies lagi.

I hope each of you have a wonderful day.

AuntyN said...

Ewah, ewah Anak Dagang sampai berpantun. Sat ni nak jawab, nak bagi Kak Sal lengoh leheaq baca ni...

Orang berbudi kita membalas
Tak kira disana atau di sini
Bukan kenapa Aunty ni jeles
Tak tahu bila dapat ke Boonies


p/s Kak Sal, spam lagi tu..

anedra said...

yr staples shd be out by now. hope u're in good health!

Leyla Shuri said...

ikan sombilang bolut panggang
masak lomak podeh bolado
Orang jauh tokonang sidagang
cendul nangko kompunan dio

Mutiara said...

Anak dagang: you know I was so happy to have you visit me. macam dah sedara mara jadinya. Sorry lah your second trip with M was not so good. Jangan serik mai lagi nu
Atn: simpan duit tu hehehe..I nak sponsor pun dah pencen.
AN and Halela: mai lah sini bawak nangka sekal, so kita boleh try cendoi nangka
Anendra: yep they are all out. i am doing good Thanks

Traveler said...

Pantun Penutup.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Terbayang Kak Lela masak cendul nangka,
Homemade Jam Kak Mutiara yum yum sekali,
Bila AuntyN dah ada wang sejuta;
Apa lagi marilah kita ke boonies.


Mudahan Kak M dah makin sombuh sakit,
Kek YM AN kato aghi ni tak masak cumo momboli,
Kak Lela, Kek sini nangko molambak kek asian market,
Tak ghoti nak buek apo mako tak diboli.


p/s: Kak M, we're both happy then. pls don't feel sorry, it's all good. Your husband was kind enough to entertain us through the adventurous ride with 4 wheeler, tractors & shotguns while you were sleeping . Forgot to mention to him , thanks for all the 4 games CDs he gave me. We both have the same interest on that matter i.e.- PC GAMES .

Ely said...

kak sal, i am glad that u'r feeling better. kesian tak dpt telan.

dah baik boleh main shotgun hehehe.

Leyla Shuri said...

Tumpang ye kak M, nak balas jugak pantun anak dagang, tak nak kalah nie...

akar kesumat pohon seroja
belut lubok panggang belada
anak dagang juah di sana
jgnlah terkenang cendul nangka

Pohon seroja dahan bercabang
hiasan sanggul puteri manja
anak dagang di rantau orang
semoga diri selamat sentiasa