Wednesday, April 20, 2005

They are here again

Every year they come without fail. They arrive at the same time of the year. I am talking about the ruby necked hummingbirds. They travel every year from central america and be at my homestead by mid April. They will stay around until early October. When the first one arrives, it will make sure that you are aware of its presence. You will see it hovering your window and dashing in and out to the place where you used to hang the feeder. Then another batch will arrive and you will need more feeders. Sometime I wonder why I feel oblige to put out feeders for these migratory birds. Perhaps thinking that they take the thousands of miles flight just to visit me. They drink more sugar than i do for a whole year. You think that those tiny birds don't drink much, but they do. They drink very frequently for their energy to fly. One wonders how much they have to drink to fly from Honduras to Oklahoma.
Well...these are my annual visitors. They are here now.

No comments: