Saturday, April 30, 2005

Saturday at the Beach neighbourhood

This morning was cold, there was a slight frost on the ground, which is quite unusual at this time of the year for Oklahoma. In fact, we have been having below normal temperatures for the past week or so. I let the dog off by 7:30 in the morning and let them run around to stretch their legs after being chained up the whole night. About 8:00 I went for a walk in the woods with them. As usual I would look around for wild grapes blooms. I think this year most of the wild grape vines are blooming on a large scale. I went and sat on the rock crop at the end of the property and listened to the running brook/creek, a peaceful morning.
Later, after I put the dogs back on the chains and let the chicken out of the coop for the day, I helped my husband build a big bird house. I actually painted the pieces of wood for the house. It looks more like he is bulding a multi-storey condominium for the birds "purple martin". It is not just a simple box with holes in it, it is actually a compartmentalised individual cells. Very sophisticated.There are 8 units on each floor and he is making 2 floors for the moment which can be added when needed. The pole that will hold the house is about14 feet high made in 2 segments held together with hinges and all other gadgets that I do not know their names. It is made in 2 segments so that the house can be brought down to clean from time to time.
At about noone my niece Sandra drove up. My husband and Sandra took a ride on the ATV 4 wheelers around the neighbourhood and they helped to look for a runaway horse. A neighbour down the road said that her horse just took away. They later found the horse romancing a mare in heat a few miles away. Horses like dogs can smell a female in heat from miles away, so when they have the chance they will take off to answer the call of nature.
We had BBQ for dinner and watched a movie. Sandra left for home after the movie, about 9 pm and I sit here blogging about my day.

2 comments:

atenah said...

mmmmmm i envy your peaceful life

Kak Teh said...

mutiara, sounds like a wonderful saturday well spent. but where was i? in exeter listening to malay scholars expounding their theories on syairs and hikayats and malay manuscripts. what i caught in between nodding away to lala land was quite interesting!