Monday, January 31, 2005

a bad day for my rooster

Today we said goodbye to my ever so arrogant rooster. He acquired a broken leg yesterday and we had to put him to sleep this morning. The broken leg was a courtesy to my husband's quickness with a stick. Dear rooster has been attacking me since he grew spurs on his legs. He would fly high up to my waist to attack me with his legs and spurs. It hurt even when he attacked the boots.
Yesterday when my husband was giving the feed the rooster attacked him, not once but a few times. The first few times, my husband just kicked him away, but the last one the rooster had his leg hit bad. I love animals. It does not matter what kinds they are, roosters, chicken, cows in the field or dogs. So, you can imagine how horrified I was when the rooster could not walk. I picked it up and knew that his leg was broken. Boy, I bawled like a baby. My heart just broke. I held my rooster in my arms for a long time and accusing my husband for being mean. I kept him warm for the night and, early this morning, my husband slaughterd him out of his misery. We buried him and I am still sad.

No comments: