Friday, April 17, 2009

Lest I forget: My red bicycle

As i was talking with my husband this rainy morning, i was telling him about my red bicycle. I told him that I talked to my red bicycle. I got it when I was in standard 4 or 5 ( I am not too sure) to cycle to school which was about a mile away. The reason for choosing a red bicycle was only known to me till today. There was a new classmate that lived about a mile from my house that had a brand new shining red bicycle that zoomed past my house every morning to school. He was trying to show off I guess, so I thought I should give him a competition. I still remember his name was Osman Che Rose. If his children or grand children happen to read this piece, I want to say hi!.

I had to say good bye to my bicycle when I had to go to a residential school. I talked to my red bicycle telling it that i would miss it and would always remember it. Then years past by and the red bicycle went to my youngest sister and later went to besi buruk buyer. I love that bicycle. If my youngest sister or her son reading this, I am sure she had fun and memories with that little red bicycle of mine.

2 comments:

Nek Rock said...

yooo kak sal,

oppss kak ingatkan saya belajar naik beskal, every time arwah tok sedara saya mai umah nenek, beskal dia yg tak da palang tu utk pompuan, beskal tu ler saya lanyak belajar every time he visited arwah nenek

masa tu umor saya dalam 8 taun kot, phewwww still fresh dalam memory saya, uwaaaaaa missed that old days

MULUT KELEMBAI said...

akhir sekali the red bicycle sold to pak su hussien for RM10 in 1975.lps tu beli basikal mini...