Monday, November 20, 2006

The deer hunting season is here again

Much to my dismay, the season is here again. There are alot of hunters around, hunting on public and private lands. Although the hunting is regulated especially on public lands, I still feel awful when I hear gunshots. Some hunters use bow and arrow to hunt, some use smoke guns and some use rifles. We used to keep our southeast gate open, so that the deer can take refuge in our property. However,i feel that I feed them to make them fat and some hunters get them in their pots. Since the gate is open, the deer do come in and out everyday.
Another reason i don't feel happy about is that I have to put my Dumdum on chain. Dumdum is not scared of guns, he thinks when the gun goes "booom", it is time for him to go and search and get the kill. it is his breed, a bird dog that goes hunting for ducks and geese and turkeys.
Although our 20 acres property is securedly fenced-up (8-10 feet), somehow Dumdum finds away to dig under the fence to venture out. Roo and Max are not as adventurous as Dumdum, and they listen to me when I whistle and tell them to stay in the yard. Poor Dumdum will have to be on chain until next year.
Some morning when Roo, Max and me go for our walk around the property, we do see deer hiding from hunters right next to our fence. Of course Roo and Max get excited and chase the deer away straight to the hunters. I was so upset yesterday morning, when we saw some deer hiding around our property and Max got excited and stalked them, the deer took off and soon after we heard the gunshots. I knew for sure that the deer were gone.

2 comments:

Alinlai said...

hmmm kak sal tak pi buru juga ka? bleh buat sate rusa, sedappppp :)

eddieputera said...

kak, dah singgah blog saya ? sure akak suka punya.