Sunday, October 22, 2006

Dumdum


Dumdum joined the family on one October morning three years ago. He walked into the yard and refused to leave. He rolled over and went on his tummy to seek permission to be part of the family. So we adopted him, even old Bubba welcomed him by ignoring his antics. Roo immediately took over to mother him and be his protector. We don't know his bloodline but we do know that he was a cross breed of a Labrador retriever. In short he is a mutt. He has grown to be a handsome dog. He likes water and would jump into it whenever he has the opportunity.
Lately he has been marking his territory far and wide and he ventured out of the fence (20 acres)to stake his territory. He would dug a hole under the fence and creep under it. He has been good. He would mark his territory and get back in the yard. However as of last week he has been grounded. The farmer a quarter mile down the road followed him home and reported that Dumdum has been messing with his turkey. Now Dumdum is on a cahin tied to a runner cable about 50 feet apart.
It was hard for him and for me to see him grounded. Until he learnt that his territory is only within the fenced up 20 acres, he would stay on his chain. I do take him for a walk from time to time so that he does not feel abandoned.
I love animals and especially dogs, I could talk to them for hours and they would listen to me without any interruptions.
Hopefully one day soon Dumdum can run in the yard again.

2 comments:

Belladonna said...

Oh DumDum, you are sooo adorable. Tahukah kau DumDum yang aku ini menggilai kaler Hitam. Oleh itu, kau akan selalu menjadi pujaan hatiku..

Mutiara, i wish i can have my own pet be it cats or dogs. But sadly my husband have to say NO sebab i have asthma. Mesti best ada pet..stress buster :)

Mutiara said...

Bella, I love animals and I treat my dogs as part of my family.