Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fire, fire everywhere, not a breath of fresh air

I have not updated my blog for a very long time due to having some problems with my wrist. It is however is mending now. I had a few falls during the icy and snowy time at the beginning of winter. When i fell, I used my right hand to break my fall and thus sprained my right wrist. I wore braces and arm sling, and took pain killers, but they did not seem to work. My tendon are bruised and raw, therefore I had to change my medicine and treatment.
I could not use my right hand and thus my long absence from blogging. I could still hang out at YM and some tags with my left hand. And proudly can say that i am quite good with my left hand.
Now the story of the fire.
This is the driest and warmest winter since the dustbowl. We have not had precipitation of any significance since November, 2005. More than 400,000 acres were burnt including houses. In Seminole, (my county) alone, a whole housing estate burnt to the ground. In the fire yesterday a whole town was evacuated due to uncontrollable wild fires. Many livestocks were killed. farmers are worried because their pastures and hay are burnt. The situation remains the same until we have some kind of precipitation. I have never seen such disaster in my whole life before, eventhough we had had wild fires around my area a couple of years ago and in 2004. The wind which have been blowing at 40-50 mph helped to spread the fire real fast.

2 comments:

Ely said...

kak sal, pls take good care of urself ok.

huggs from me.

Nazrah Leopolis said...

how's the wrist? u might wanna try seeing a chiropractor?

take care