Friday, October 28, 2005

Beraya with my critters

Everyone I know is preparing for the big day. Hari Raya. I too am preparing to celebrate it with my critters. Of course, there will be Roo, Dumdum and Max to join me in the festivities. I have not got them any new clothes, but since winter is approaching, all the three of them have grown their own winter coats. Roo, has a nice golden color coat for the winter , Dumdum has spunned his silky shiny black coat ready for the winter and of course my puppy Max has his snowy white coat grown almost to his ankle. The chicken have grown their own dark red coats for the raya too. Not to forget the guineas, shrieking happily with their colourful feathers ready to celebrate Raya.

There are alot of critters living in our wooded homestead and it includes the squirrels. I am sure they will join me in welcoming Eid Mubarak.There are many of them since my husband had built many squirrel houses/nests and feeders. We hang the nests on trees and the feeder too. We usually feed them in winter since that time food is scarce for these critters. We would buy alot of nuts and put them in the feeder and hang the corn s on it as well. I love to see them so close.

Yesterday morning while walking with my dogs in the woods, I noticed that there were honeycombs scatterd around under big oak tree along the south fence. I went to check and saw big bees flying around. I guess that some critters of the night must have dug them out. Max and Roo went to check the hole and were chased awy by the bees. Fearing that the bees could be killer bees, I came back and told my husband and asked him r to come and look. We went there later in the evening when the temperature is cooler and sprayed some insect killing dust to chase the bees away. This morning when I walked by the palace there were no more bees hovering around. I hope they have moved. These are the only critters that are not invited to my Raya celebration.

Ayways, to all of you who stop by my blog, selamat hari raya and have fun with your family andfriends.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Mutiara,
Selamat Hari Raya Puasa to you too. I'm thinking of making chicken rendang. I already have all the ingredients, well almost. :)
have a blessed ramadhan.

Arena said...

Selamat Hari Raya Aunty Mutiara..
Take care.

AuntyN said...

Kak M and Bill, Have a pleasant Hari Raya Aidil Fitri. Will be thinking of you when we eat the ketupat and rendang.

Anyway, Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir Bathin.

Next year balik raya kat kampung di Malaysia na?

MA said...

Salam Kak Sal & Abang Bill :

SELAMAT HARI RAYA dari saya sekeluarga.

MAAF ZAHIR BATIN :-)

Sofira said...

salam eid mubarak 2U. nice blog :)

Ely said...

mrs beach, ur critters are most adorable!

selamat hari raya mr and mrs beach!