Tuesday, February 15, 2005

My dogs

Every morning be it snowy or sunny except when it rains, my dogs and I will go for a walk in the woods. They keep me company as well as they amuse me. We would walk for an hour or so, and of course, the dogs don't really walk, they ran all over the place, hunting, chasing rabbits or other critters in the woods. Right now I have three dogs, used to be four, but Bubba died in December, 2004 of old age. Each of them has its character. Now there are Roo, Dumdum and Max. My dogs are supposed to be guard dogs, and yes they are. We have to put a sign on the gate to warn people that we have guard dogs on duty. There is one sign that people have to pay attention which says "My dogs can get to the gate in three seconds, can you?" people think that the sign is funny, until one guy walked up to the house and later found himself on a tree. My dogs have a reputation for being very good guard dogs. Of all, Bubba was the most respected dog in the neighbourhood. I missed that old dog.
Bubba, a Mastif Boxer, had a mean looking face. When he stared at you with his golden eyes , you would either fall inlove with him or know that he meant business. He gave the impression that he was watching you and your movement.
Well, I can go on and on talking about Bubba, but for now, I will take a break.

2 comments:

atenah said...

my neighbour used to bela angsa and turkey in place of guard dogs. i still remember the horror of being chased by those animals. (sorry to animal lovers) my mom bought the turkey and masak rendang and we kids went "hah...aku makan hang la ni, dulu hang ligan aku sangat"

Kak Teh said...

Iknow how attached you are to them, mutiara, like i am to my cats. And I know the feeling. Atenah, kena ligan dengana ngsa....i was too...dia nak sudu! I can still feel the shivers!