Friday, January 28, 2005

Angan-angan

When I decided to retire early, I had many plans. There were so many things to do. One of the first things I wanted to accomplish was to develop my writing skill. However I had no clue where to begin. I subscribed to Writer's journal, but it did not seem to be of great help.
This big idea remained the big idea. Two years after, there was still nothing to show. No take off. I started to surround myself with excuses. Of course they were many and handy. After all I just got married and have relocated to a strange land. I am in transition period. It is not a sin to enjoy newly wedded bliss and getting acquainted to my new environment. Getting adjusted takes time. So goes my comfortable excuses.
This is my sixth year, I have to get motivated. I have a list of ideas to write on, but which one to tackle first. I wanted to use my experience as a Librarian to embark on this writing idea. My training as a Librarian is not of much help as I was trained to be precise and concise. To condense a whole book into a 3 X 5 catalog card or now into just an entry. So much for background training.
Well, there is still tomorrow, I have the time and I have ideas!

3 comments:

atenah said...

how about 1 or 2 pages a day? just write and you dont have to have anything concrete. hopefully 1 day the words will start taking a shape. are you from penang & are you in idaho now?

Mutiara said...

atenah
Thanks for the suggestion. I am from penang, but now reside in OK.

Anonymous said...

i used to have a sweet english teacher from perlis. her name is mutiara.

how i wish you were the same person :)